Introduction: What is the Mini Mum?
For more than three decades, the mini mum has been considered, by many, to be the gold standard in safe, secure, and space-saving bike hangers. The mini mum is a black powder-coated steel vertical bike hanger you can hang on a wall or post. It can be attached to such walls as:
- Garage Walls
- Apartment Walls
- Office walls
- And many more
The mini mum is only 8-inches high, three inches wide, and the bracket protrudes five inches from the wall.
Why use the mini mum to store your bike?
Requires Minimal Storage Space
First, the mini mum is durable. Its rugged design makes it suitable for almost any condition. This design means the mini mum is economical. Thanks to its sleek design, you can either hang the mini mum in pretty much any section of an establishment, keeping it out of the way.
For places requiring additional bike storage systems, look no further than the mini mum. Its space-saving design is ideal for:
- Municipal Multi-Family Housing Units/Residential Parking Garages
- Home Bike Storage
- Bike Shelters
- Bike Transports on Ferries/Ships Transportation Hubs
Safety & Security
Whether you choose to purchase a mini mum with a cable or without – we recommend attaching a ¼ diameter galvanized security cable to the mini mum. By hooking your front tire onto the mini mum, you’ll be able to take the cable, run it through the front tire, the rear tire, the bike frame, and then attach the cable to itself, locking it there with your small lock of choice.
Once done, you can rest assured that your bike is safe and your bike is secure. However, if you’re looking for maximum stability and security – we offer a Secure-It assembly.
What are the mini mum’s features?
As mentioned before, the mini mum is an economical, space-efficient, and durable bicycle hanger that:
- Provides stable vertical bike storage for institutional, residential, and commercial installation
- Organizes bike storage and eliminates the clutter
- Use optional permanently attached cable to prevent casual theft or malicious mischief
- Commercial grade construction for interior or exterior bicycle hanging applications
How do I Install my mini mum vertical bike hanger?
Spacing can be calculated depending on density and numbers needed:
- Where there is ample wall space and few bikes to store—use 2’ horizontal spacing for best access and ease of lifting bikes. Height of re-curved bracket: 5’-8”. All bikes hung with handlebars up.
- Where there is less wall space and need for more space efficiency—16” horizontal spacing for alternating bike storage. Height of re-curved bracket: 5’-8”. Alternate bikes when hung—one handlebar up, the next down.
- For maximum space efficiency—1’ vertical and horizontal spacing for two rows (“W” configuration). Upper row at 6’8” height for the re-curved bracket; lower row at 5’-8” re-curved bracket height. Top row bikes hang handlebar up—lower row, handlebars down.
- Hanging bike protrudes 40” +/- from the wall. At corners, measure at least 72” along the wall from a corner before installing the first bike hanger on the adjacent wall.
- When calculating storage on opposite walls, ensure the aisle between hanging bikes is at least 3’–4’ wide. Remember, a hanging bike protrudes 40” out from the wall, and a bike needs to be wheeled to its storage post.
- Bike handlebars are 2’ across (1’ on each side).
- Minis need firm anchoring to support several times the weight of a bicycle. Install a 2” x 10” wooden mounting surface (at the correct height) anchored into studs behind the wall if the wall is drywall. Mini mums can be installed on the horizontal 2” x 10”. For ease of installation on concrete, first anchor 2” x 10” at the desired height (5’-8” and/or 6’-8”) and then install Minis on wooded 2” x 10”.
What’s the warranty on a mini mum?
The mini mum comes with a three-year replacement against manufacturer’s defects under conditions of normal use.
Please note: Anticipated product life is ten years.
How can I buy a mini mum vertical bike hanger?
If you have any questions or concerns about the mini mum vertical bike hanger, please feel free to contact Bike Solutions by clicking here.
Thank you for visiting us, and we look forward to hearing from you!
-Team Bike Solutions.